Glover Hardware Requirements F.Y.I

I was looking into hardware requirements of Glover software, and thought it would be useful to post this here.
From the “Mi.Mu Artist Community” group on Facebook, @adamstark mentions the system requirements currently (as of 06/16/2019) to be:
“Hi Jim, you need a Mac computer running a recent version of MacOS (10.11 onwards should be fine). You’ll also need some MIDI-enabled music software to make sound (e.g. Ableton Live). I’m not a very regular Pro-Tools user so I’m not sure on how good it is with MIDI, but I hear that other software has better MIDI support.”

Just to clarify for those who may be new to the Macintosh environment (like myself), MacOS 10.10 was also called Yosemite, whereas the recommendation from Adam is to use MacOS 10.11, also called El Capitan.

Additionally, in case you were wondering what actual Mac computer hardware can run MacOS 10.11 - the following comes from the webpage:
https://everymac.com/mac-answers/os-x-el-capitan-faq/os-x-el-capitan-compatible-macs-system-requirements.html

<<System Requirements

Apple notes that OS X El Capitan runs on the following Mac categories:

iMac (Mid-2007 or newer)
MacBook (Late 2008 Aluminum, Early 2009 or newer)
MacBook Air (Late 2008 or newer)
MacBook Pro (Mid/Late 2007 or newer)
Mac mini (Early 2009 or newer)
Mac Pro (Early 2008 or newer)
Xserve (Early 2009)

These are the same general system requirements for the previous version of OS X – OS X Yosemite (10.10). At least 2 GB of RAM and 8 GB of storage space also are required for OS X El Capitan. Specific feature support varies, though. >>

A common bit of advice that I am finding from user groups and forums is that the RAM and storage be approximately double (or more) the minimum requirements listed in the source I quoted.

Let me know if I have any of the above information is wrong and I’ll correct it (with apologies, of course).

Thanks @Bill.Bainbridge that’s really useful. In theory we can build Glover to run on older platforms too - there are some software restrictions for certain activities and I need to map this out properly. We can definitely try and produce a version on platforms older than 10.11 but I think 10.11 is a version I’m confident everything will work properly on going forwards :slight_smile: